more than a conqueror

In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:37-39

5.13.2006

Fortune Cookie

So, this is pretty much the silliest thing. I always laugh when I talk about myspace, because even though I'm a devout user, the concept of people not being able to pick up the phone and call someone when they want to talk to them is hilarious. Okay, so, not my point. I was on my friend's myspace page and she had a little fortune cookie deal. This is funny, and I know it's not real, but the fortune said "people are watching you." Which can be taken either:

a) creepy. i don't want people watching me.

or

b) actions speak louder than words. the things that I do affect the way people think about the fact that I'm a Christian, the fact that I do have morals, and the fact that I want to set a standard for myself that's higher than what I may be portraying.

I'm going for the following here. Silly little myspace toy --> convicting statement. funny how that works huh?

I'm afraid to make promises to anyone else or myself that I can change my actions right now, right this second. Because as of late, I've been really good at letting people down.

I really just want to be worldly and say "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission." But that's just irresponsible.

God help me.

1 Comments:

Blogger katie said...

i love you, i love you, i love you!!! say that fast with a high pitch in your voice.. thats how its meant to be told. okay? ok! so yeah, you're amazing and i miss you and i noticed that i have lost my status of friend on your myspace... not one picture of us is shown.. *tear* its okay, i know im in your heart now and forever and there is nothing that could ever cause us to be anything less than best friends... that is, nothing but cheese... cheese is a powerful thing and if you come between me and my cheddar we might exchange harsh words =) haha... I LOVE YOU HOLLY JEAN BARKHURST! I DO I DO!!!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home